Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A New Creation

I decided to venture outside my typical genre for my latest ebook. I have been thinking about this for a while, and after some collaboration with my mother this book came together. My Granny's Kitchen: A Traditional British Cookbook is a collection of recipes that my late Grandmother loved to make. As I explain in the book, my Granny was a very reserved woman, but she really loved to be in the kitchen and to provide meals for her whole family. She would write recipes down on scraps of paper or tear out pages from old cookbooks and combine them to make her own creations.

My mother has kept a lot of these recipes, and with her help I put together a group of favorites that I can remember from my childhood. It was a lot of fun to go back and remember times spent in the kitchen learning how to cook with my Granny. The cover image of the book is her home, which is the place my parents now live. It is in North Wales, about a half hour from England, nestled in beautiful mountains.

I hope that people will take a look and learn about some traditional British foods, or that some British readers will rediscover some of their own favorites like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment